Sunday, March 8, 2015

Small and Simple Things

By Small and Simple Things

Can I just say that I love being a missionary? This week was awesome! Not for any grand reasons. Just the small and simple things. I started reading the Book of Mormon again. I set a goal to finish it by the time I go home. 65 days in total. Each day in my studies, I just feel so excited to read it! My testimony of its power to bring us closer to the Savior increases each time I read it. Do we realize how blessed we are to have this book of scripture? Studying it each day makes me want to share it with more people.

We taught a powerful lesson about the Restoration to Paul this week. The Spirit was so strong as my companion and I and the Lockharts shared our testimonies. He has undertaken the challenge to read the Book of Mormon and has already finished 1 Nephi. I am excited to continue teaching him!

I feel today to say with Nephi: "O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm. Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4:34-35)

Heavenly Father is ever mindful of us. I feel that more and more as I seek to see His hand in my life. 

I love you!

Sister Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment