Monday, March 30, 2015

Because He Lives



"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

It has been a crazy few weeks in Amherst. This upcoming Sunday we will be having a baptismal service in between sessions of General Conference! Walter and Jeremy and hopefully one of the Elders' investigators will be baptized on Easter Sunday! The conversion that these men have experienced is incredible. I know that the Lord answers prayers, that the Book of Mormon is true, and that the Spirit changes hearts. I know because I have experienced it myself as I have seen it change these good men. The Lord is aware of each of His children. He knows these little branches. He knows their struggles. When we exercise faith to be an instrument in His hands, His work goes forward. It's amazing to me that the Lord provided three prospective priesthood holders just when the branch needed them most. Those that have fellowshipped these individuals in their conversion have also been touched by the Spirit and deepened in their conversion. They have returned to full activity in the church.

Yesterday we had church for the first time in three weeks due to weather and stake conference. Partaking of the sacrament was a joyous experience for me and I felt so powerfully my Savior's love. During our testimony meeting, I felt overwhelmed by the Spirit, especially when I realized that it would be my last fast and testimony meeting as a missionary. Truly God is our Father, Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and Their love for us is perfect and unconditional. 

Because He lives, I have hope and joy, despite my imperfections, my sins, my weaknesses. His love and His Atonement fills me and makes more of me than I can ever comprehend. My testimony has become my most prized possession as I have served as a missionary. It has been tried and tested in so many ways, and while I still get nervous sharing it with others at times, I know what I know. I know where I stand now and where I want to stand in the eternities.

If you haven't already seen it, please watch the new Easter video that the Church produced at helives.mormon.org. It is so powerful! On Easter, the Church will be the sole advertiser on the YouTube homepage. How cool is that? The Church is true! I am so excited to see how many people this video reaches over the next week. 


As you prepare to celebrate Easter and to hear from the living prophet and apostles, take some time this week to ponder and reflect on the Savior and His love. Write down some questions to seek revelation at General Conference. The answers will come.

THIS IS THE GREATEST TIME TO BE ALIVE!!! :) #BecauseHeLives

Love you all!

Sister Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment