Monday, July 21, 2014

Adventure Is Out There

Hi Everyone,
Quite the week. I sent you a few pictures. The tandem bike belongs to Rachel and Jason Murchison, the recent convert family in the ward. They were having a yard sale and Sister C and I had a good time trying to figure out how to work the bike.
The picture in front of the water and trees is out in Easton. There is a large Amish community in Aroostook County, and quite a few of them live in Easton. It's always fun to see them riding down the street in their horse and buggy. They shop at Walmart frequently. Go figure. Sister C and I spent an evening tracting out there in Easton and couldn't help but be blown away by the peace and beauty of the area. The work continues and adventure accompanies it.

Brandy's baptism is scheduled for this Saturday! We are very excited for her. I'll be sure to send pictures. She's learned so much over the past couple months and I feel like I have made a friend for eternity. She is from New Hampshire originally, but moved up here about a year or two ago. She works as a CNA at the hospital. I am very excited for her to enter the waters of baptism and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. When we told her she would be able to pick who baptizes and confirms her, she wanted to ask someone who had never done it before, to give them an opportunity to learn and grow as well. Wow. I'm grateful for the blessing it has been to teach her. 
I am so grateful for the people that I have met as a missionary. I feel that they have blessed my life in ways that I can't explain. As I get to know the members and really take the time to talk to people we meet each day, I learn so much from them and their examples. It just solidifies my testimony that God is aware of us but it is usually through another person that He meets our needs. Spencer W. Kimball said something like that. 
Have a great week! Keep your eyes open for opportunities to serve and be an instrument in the Lord's hands. Those chances are all around us and if we aren't looking, it's very easy to miss them.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment