Saturday, April 19, 2014

Come and Be Baptized!

 Hello all,
 
We had two baptisms in the ward this weekend. The first was the son of two recent converts. His father baptized him and it was a tender moment. The other was for Stefan, who we have been teaching since I arrived in Wolfville. The Spirit was so strong during the baptismal service. I couldn't help but smile the whole time. I reflected on the events that led to Stefan's baptism and cannot deny that the Lord's hand was in all of it. During the lesson that Stefan decided on a date to be baptized, we read Alma 5. He was unsure of being baptized so soon. We read the whole chapter and the final verse reads:
"I speak by way of command unto you that belong to the church; and unto those who do not belong to the church I speak by way of invitation, saying: Come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye also may be partakers of the fruit of the tree of life."
He thought about it for a moment after we finished and then said, "Okay, let's plan on that date in April." The Spirit is amazing! He changes our hearts. I cannot convince people of the truth of what we have to share. Only when they feel the Spirit testify to them will change (repentance!) happen.

 Yesterday, while I was listening to the confirmations in Sacrament meeting, I had a powerful witness that this is the Lord's work. He knows who He has prepared to hear the gospel. I have such a small understanding of the eternal significance of the work I am doing. I am so humbled that the Lord trusts me to do His work. He knows I need the tutoring and the experiences that will mold me into the woman and mother He needs me to be.
My zone had a conference call last week during which we talked about being accountable to the Lord. As long as I am seeking to be in tune with the Spirit, to be an instrument in the Lord's hands, I know that I am doing what the Lord wants me to do. His approval is more important than what others think of me.
I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend! Remember that Christ is the reason. We are so blessed to know the Savior. We can each come to know Him personally. He lives!
Love,
Sister Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment