Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day

The Orange Blossom Special has pulled into the station and the last of the family concerts are over. We travelled to Fredericton, New Brunswick on Friday and then to Caribou, Maine on Saturday for the final concerts of the series. We attended church in the Houlton Branch in Maine on Sunday and performed a few musical numbers and did a third hour program in the branch. The Spirit was powerful in that tiny church as we bore witness of the Savior through music and testimony. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to participate in these concerts. Many, many non-members attended the concerts and I look forward to hearing about the fruits of these concerts in the coming months. One of my favorite parts of the concerts is always the drive home in the 12 passenger van that we lovingly refer to as the transfer van. Usually there are six or seven missionaries and a senior couple in the van on the way home and we have a tradition of singing hymns. Music is such a powerful instrument for inviting the Spirit. I am grateful for the hymns and for these missionaries who have strengthened my testimony through their examples and their desires to lift others through their talents.

Sister Lee and I are back in Wolfville after our mid-transfer transfer. Her companion became sick last transfer and is currently rebuilding her strength at the mission home, so Sister Lee is stuck with me! :) She lived in the Princess Palace in Halifax with me my first transfer and as she has participated in the concerts, we know each other fairly well. I am excited to get to know her more and learn from her testimony and experience. Good things are going to happen over the next four weeks!

Stefan is continuing his preparation for baptism. His sincere desire to repent and bring his life in closer harmony with Christ's teachings is inspiring. His baptismal date is April 12. 
I know that my Savior lives and that He loves me. He wants each of us to come unto Him and to receive the peace and happiness and healing that He offers. Never doubt His infinite love. He is there with His hand outstretched, waiting for us to return to Him. The path will not always be easy. He asks us to take up our cross and follow Him. He promises to lift us when we are low and walk by our side when we feel alone. Stand for what is right and true, despite the influences in the world around us.

I love you all! Continue to pray for missionary opportunities, then look for the Lord providing ways for you each day to open your mouth and invite. He promises us that He will fill our mouths, if we open them. 

Christ is the reason.

Love,
Sister Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment