Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

 The concerts went well this last weekend. We've finally got the hang of things, we hope. We went to Moncton and St. John. Moncton is a French area, so it was fun to listen to some of the missionaries speaking French while we were there. There will be two more weekends of concerts: Truro, Charlottetown, Caribou, and Fredericton. I think the picture Sister Hendrickson sent you is of Sister Sharp and me. Sister Sharp was my MTC companion. She is still serving in PEI and her companion is Sister Broadhead, one of the Sister Training Leaders. They were in Moncton for visits with the sisters there and came to the concert that night. It was good to see her! 
Sister Renda and Sister Sharp
 
We had a district meeting this last Thursday in Sackville. It was really powerful. Elder Woodward, the district leader, gave a spiritual thought about fear. We read from the Bible Dictionary entry of "Fear." It says, "The first effect of Adam's sin was that he was afraid. Sin destroys that feeling of confidence God's child should feel in a loving Father and produces instead a feeling of shame and guilt. Ever since the Fall God has been teaching men not to fear, but with penitence to ask forgiveness in full confidence of receiving it." I gained a greater understanding of my Heavenly Father and His plan for each one of us as we read and discussed this as a district last week. 1 John 4:18 says that "perfect love casteth out fear." That perfect love is the only thing that can heal us and make us feel safe. Heavenly Father teaches us not to fear, but to trust Him. One of Satan's greatest tools is fear. Fear paralyzes us and keeps us from progressing. Heavenly Father sent His Son Jesus Christ so that fear can be replaced with love, with healing, with safety. All we need to do is live the gospel of Jesus Christ: have faith, sincerely repent, be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. Heavenly Father is just and He is merciful. As I come to understand Him better, my faith increases."And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

I know that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father. He loves me perfectly and I have no reason to fear as I put my trust in Him and in His Son's perfect Atonement. The Savior stands at the door; it's up to each of us to let Him in. When we do, He can change us. He can heal our broken hearts and bind up our wounds. This is the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I hope you have a good week. Tell everyone I love them and say hello!

Happy Valentine's Day! Make someone's day brighter by sharing God's love with them.
Love,
Sister Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment