Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Happy February

Hello all,


That missionary fireside sounds like a great idea! Hopefully the next one will be more successful in terms of non-members attending. You should offer to go to a lesson with the missionaries in the area if they are teaching anyone nearby. I love when members come to lessons with us! There is a powerful Spirit in those lessons. Mom, I am so grateful you got that job. I know the Lord is looking out for us and that He is blessing you for sacrificing to help David and me serve missions. I am excited to hear about the fun adventures ahead of you at work! 

 My new address is 204 Pleasant St. #505 Wolfville, NS B4P 1N6. Sorry that I forgot to send it to you last week. Sister Aslett is from Berkshire. I haven't picked up on any of her words yet, but she keeps surprising me with new ones each day! Today she said, "Sorry! Did I jog you?" while I was writing a letter. Took me a second to understand what she was trying to say. I love working with her. She's always very positive and sweet, yet goofy at the same time. She loves sugar as well. Her favorite thing to eat this last week was melted chocolate on toast. Love her. :)

We had two baptisms in the ward on Thursday! WAHOO! Jordan and Brandon are the newest members of the Kentville Ward. The baptismal service was wonderful. So many members came to support them, as well as their families. Jordan's dad and sister came. His sister is a vocal performance major at Acadia and she sang a musical number for the baptism. I'm excited to see the progress that these two young men will make as they continue their path in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We've been having a YSA FHE on Sunday nights for the YSA in the ward. We've had two so far, and it's been a great opportunity for fellowship in the ward. Jordan and his sister, as well as another guy we are teaching named Stefan came to FHE last night. I'm getting to know the members more and more. I am so grateful that I can go anywhere and have a ward family! 

We have two more concerts this upcoming week, one in Moncton and one in St. John. I'll have to get a pirate hat or something to fit in with the rest of the crew. :)

I finished the Book of Mormon this morning! Three days late, but better late than never! It was an awesome experience to read it so quickly. I love Mormon and Moroni's final testimonies. Their words become more bold and powerful each time I read them.

I know that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us. He knows our needs and how to best help us. I had some neat experiences this week with feeling Heavenly Father's love for me and for those that we are teaching. We met with a retired United Church minister at his home this last week who wanted to know what was different about our church. We shared the message of the Restoration with him. He told us about his family and his wife who passed away last year. I felt Heavenly Father's love for this man and how much his wife wanted him to hear this message. It was powerful! Afterwards, I shared what I had felt with Sister Aslett and Sister Redden, who is a sweet member who came with us to the lesson. Sister Redden said she felt the same thing, almost as if his wife was there. We gave him a Book of Mormon the next day. I don't know what will come in the future with him, but my testimony was strengthened as we met with him that day that missionary work continues on both sides of the veil. That is something I will never forget. 

Love you! Have a good week!

Love,
Sister Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment