Monday, December 9, 2013

Two Months!

I have officially been a missionary for two months. Crazy! I feel like I have been a missionary forever and at the same time like I just got here. It's a weird feeling.
This week we had a branch Christmas party, complete with turkey dinner, Luke 2, Christmas music, and an appearance from Santa. I'm really grateful that I am still serving in the YSA branch for awhile longer. We're getting to know the members better, which makes life so much better! Things are moving along and I can't wait to see what happens over this next transfer.
We are doing two Christmas concerts next week in areas that didn't get to see the Orange Blossom Special concert series. Sister Laxton and I did a musical number in church yesterday, too. I never expected to have the opportunity to use music so much on my mission. It's such a tender mercy from the Lord.
I hope that you all have great week! Remember the reason for the season. Christ is the reason. I loved the Christmas devotional last night, especially President Monson's talk. He said the only way we will ever be happy is if we make other people happy. It's so true.


I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment