Monday, December 23, 2013

I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day


This last week was booked and it was wonderful. We had a zone conference last week, lots of lessons with investigators now that finals are over, and two days of music in Greenwood and Truro. The concerts went really well. It is always incredible how they come together with so little rehearsal. One of my favorite pieces from the concerts was an arrangement of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." Apparently this hymn was written during the Civil War. Verses 3 and 4 really hit me as we practiced and performed this number:
And in despair I bowed my head
There is no peace on earth, I said
For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."
As a missionary, I am here to proclaim this very truth. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored! God is not silent and everything is "done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things" (2 Nephi 2:24). All will be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
Merry Christmas! 
Love,
Sister Maren Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment